Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pearls



¶Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, 
neither cast ye your pearls before swine, 
lest they trample them under their feet, 
and turn again and rend you.

I don't think you are a dog or a swine,
but I did not think he was either.
I thought I could love him,
that if we tried hard and worked at it
we could build a good life together
maybe even eternity.

I was wrong.

If my feelings for you are sacred to me 
but not sacred to you,
I should not bother you with them.

Let me say again, 
I don't think you are a swine or a dog
but I am not important to you
and my feelings aren't 
what you want me to feel toward you.

But I have to think about them
and feel them through.
Feelings are like that.

I'm not ready for you to 
laugh at them or kick them yet.
It's not your fault I feel this way.

You just didn't know
you are a pearl to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment