Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Pearls



6 ¶Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, 
neither cast ye your pearls before swine, 
lest they trample them under their feet, 
and turn again and rend you.

I don't think you are a dog or a swine,
but I did not think he was either.
I thought I could love him,
that if we tried hard and worked at it
we could build a good life together
maybe even eternity.

I was wrong.

If my feelings for you are sacred to me 
but not sacred to you,
I should not bother you with them.

Let me say again, 
I don't think you are a swine or a dog
but I am not important to you
and my feelings aren't 
what you want me to feel toward you.

But I have to think about them
and feel them through.
Feelings are like that.

I'm not ready for you to 
laugh at them or kick them yet.
It's not your fault I feel this way.

You just didn't know
you are a pearl to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment